Monday, May 14, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - for April 24th, 2012

Today's Ten on Tuesday subject is Ten Great Things about Coming Home from Vacation.

Here we go...

1. Coming home to a clean house. I like to clean right before I leave, because it's so refreshing to come home and have nothing to do but take care of what you brought with oyu.

2. Sleeping in your own bed. Vacations are great, but there is something about coming home and sleeping on that familiar firmness with the familiar sheets and pillows.

3. Being near your friends. Depending how long you were gone, it will be nice to see all of your friends again. I'm sure you've missed them.

4. Less stress on pets. Whether you took them with you, kennelled them or left them at home, it is always less stress on your pets for you to be at home with them.

5. Eating your own food. While it's great to have other people cook for you, eventually you want what you want, when you want, and the way that only you make it.

6. Tackling the load of work waiting for you. Unless you have no co-workers or don't work an office job, you will have a literal mountain of work waiting for you when you get back. While it won't be fun to start tackling it, it will lift a weight from your shoulders to have it done.

7. Seeing how your yard has changed. Most of my travelling is done in the summer, which means that my garden grows and blossoms while I'm gone, and surprises me with each change when I get back.

8. Not having to live out of a suitcase. Clean laundry. Easily accessible items. Not having to lug everything around. Need I say more?

9. Playing with the picture. I am a mental scrapbooker. Meaning, I'd love to scrapbook but it is expensive and time consuming and I don't have time. But I have lots of beautiful mental scrapbooks :)

10. The comfort of having everything in its place. Maybe this has to do with the 8th point. Maybe it is an OCD thing. But I love knowing that everything is clean, in its place, and most importantly - in my control. There is a loss of control that comes with being on vacation that feels so good to set back on the shelf upon return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker