Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I suppose it would help if I gave this a title.

I must confess I've enjoyed the break from the blog. Things were very busy on the home-front, and add my getting sick on top of it, there just wasn't time to throw in blogging as well. That said, I'm glad I'm back. Where else can I give my complete opinion to people who actually (sometimes) care?

I'll start catching up on Monday Treasures, Ten on Tuesday, or Pin of the Week soon, but first I thought I'd give you a quick update on some other things that are filling my time.

1. 10K Training: After much ado, my foot has finally stopped bothering me. I never did find out what was wrong with it, and I even had one scary day when the other foot started hurting. However, a week ago Sunday my mom, Lisa and I ran the full 10K distance as a practice run, and it was great! I didn't feel like I was about to crash and burn, like my previous 10K experience.

Our intent was to run 7 miles (a bit over 10K) the last Sunday, but I managed to catch myself a nasty head cold, and it was pouring rain outside...so we scrapped it. We will continue with our plan of Zumba Monday, Running (2-4miles) Wednesday and Friday, and running the full 10K or a bit more on Sundays.

After the run is complete, my plan is to continue with Monday Zumba, rejoin Wednesday Boot Camp, do weights and run on Fridays, and join Saturday Zumba. My only reservation with the new schedule is that Saturday Zumba would be another early morning - we are currently running at 8:30am on Sundays, which for me is a bit of a stretch (I really enjoy sleeping in until 10-11 on my weekends). That said - I think it is important for me to start getting used to actually waking up on weekends too... after all, someday I'll be doing so both days of the weekend and it wouldn't be of my own volition.

2. Visiting. One of my relatives was recently in the hospital for an in-patient surgery - nothing life threatening, but it required her to be bed-ridden in town for five days. This meant a flurry of visitors and hospital visits - and any free time that I normally have whisked temporarily out the window.

3. Dance. That's right, dance! Ballroom dance season has begun again for Gilles and I! We started with the Jive and some waltzing on Thursday night, and are looking forward to Foxtrot and the Swing this week.

4. Gardening. Admittedly this is something that I am actually just starting tonight... I had best intentions to begin over the weekend, but the weather didn't want to cooperate with me. In the meantime I have been planning out my plot though....

5. Garage sale! We are hosting our first ever garage sale May long - and believe me, it's long overdue. I'm one of those people who hates to throw anything out... which means I have a lot of stuff sitting around collecting dust, and never being used. It will be a pretty big garage sale, considering there is only the two of us.

While there are a lot of other things going on (and there always will be), those are the ones that I think are the most 'interesting'.

What's new with you?

1 comment:

  1. I started tomatoes in the house. I am excited. I can't wait to plant them outside.

    ReplyDelete

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker