Today's Ten on Tuesday follows the Easter theme... 10 of your Favorite Side Dishes to Serve at a Family Meal. I'm going to base this around the foods that are served at a traditional turkey dinner with my family - every food listed is usually at the meal.
1. Corn - I don't know why I always gravitate towards corn. Maybe it's because it is easy to cook, and is always in abundance.
2. Salad - Tossed salad, caesar salad, whatever. A big meal isn't complete without it.
3. Stuffing - It's usually the Stovetop stuffing kind, but that's okay because everyone loves it.
4. Potatoes - Mashed, with butter and a bit of pepper.
5. Gravy - Potatoes' best friend.
6. Olives - Okay, maybe this didn't deserve to sit quite this high but I really like olives.
7. Cranberries - Sometimes out of the can, sometimes homemade.
8. Tomato Aspic - With baby shrimp
9. Dill pickles - or garlic pickles
10. Meat pie - otherwise known as Tourtiere.
That was way too easy! I look forward to seeing your lists!