Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - April 3rd, 2012

Today's Ten on Tuesday follows the Easter theme... 10 of your Favorite Side Dishes to Serve at a Family Meal. I'm going to base this around the foods that are served at a traditional turkey dinner with my family - every food listed is usually at the meal.

1. Corn - I don't know why I always gravitate towards corn. Maybe it's because it is easy to cook, and is always in abundance.

2. Salad - Tossed salad, caesar salad, whatever. A big meal isn't complete without it.

3. Stuffing - It's usually the Stovetop stuffing kind, but that's okay because everyone loves it.

4. Potatoes - Mashed, with butter and a bit of pepper.

5. Gravy - Potatoes' best friend.

6. Olives - Okay, maybe this didn't deserve to sit quite this high but I really like olives.

7. Cranberries - Sometimes out of the can, sometimes homemade.

8. Tomato Aspic - With baby shrimp

9. Dill pickles - or garlic pickles

10. Meat pie - otherwise known as Tourtiere.

That was way too easy! I look forward to seeing your lists!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker