Monday, March 5, 2012

They love me! They really love me!

Sorry for the incredibly overdone title, but it's fitting.

Thanks to The Frizzy Hooker, I have my first blog award ever!

I had the following three graphics to choose from - of course I chose the "Tell me about yourself" one, as I certainly don't skimp on the details... (ahem!)

 

Here's how it works:


  • In a post on your blog, nominate fellow bloggers for award.
  • In the same post, ad the Blogger Award. (There are three from which you can select.)
  • In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to their blog.
  • In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself
  • In the same post, include this set of rules
  • Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
So, here are my nominees (I have selected the award I think is most suitable, but you can choose which one you like!):

Redshirt Knitting - The Versatile Blogger Award
Prior Fat Girl - Tell me about Yourself Award
It's Daffycat - The Versatile Blogger Award
Gluten Free Goddess - The Irresistibly Sweet Award
Scary Mommy: An Honest Look at Motherhood - Tell me about Yourself Award
mangofeet - The Versatile Blogger Award
The Everywhereist - Tell me about Yourself Award

I did my best 
And seven random things about myself?

1. I have "grade 8" piano, and "grade 2" theory. I essentially taught myself the theory, and got a 92 on the exam!

2. I am a self-professed geek and nerd

3. I have read the entire Legend of Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore (13 books), plus the next 11 books that are about the same characters but not part of the series. To catch up to what the author has written about these characters, I have 8 more books to read, not including the one that is being released in August.

4. I have run a 10K once before, but didn't train for it properly and was in tears at the end. I want to do it right this time.

5. I'm going out for supper on Thursday for the first time this year, and I'm going to eat Italian Wedding Soup at East Side Mario's.

6. I shunned many of the wedding planning "rules" that were listed in magazines when I got married in July, and the wedding was beautiful.

7. Every time I have long hair I want to chop it off, but every time I chop it off I miss ponytails.

Thanks again to The Frizzy Hooker for the award, and I hope my nominees are as excited as I was to receive theirs!http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. My attempt at reading the story of Drizzt confirmed for me that high fantasy is my least favorite genre. I stick urban fantasy. My rule, used to be "Indoor plumbing or I am not reading it." Then I discovered Steampunk, which I call Chamberpot Fantasy.
    I have been following your blog for some while. I have no clue how long. I do remember the pre-wedding posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Legend of Drizzt definitely isn't for everyone... it has to be a genre you are interested in!

      I'm glad to hear that you have been reading my blog! It is always great to hear that I'm not just sending my thoughts away into nothingness never to be found again ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Chantelle...I'm honored =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I really enjoy reading your blog. I read every post, even though I don't often comment. :)

      Delete

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker