Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - March 6th, 2012

Today's Ten on Tuesday is 10 Things that are in your Purse. This is one that I am torn about, as I downsized almost a year ago so that I can only carry the very basics, but I miss my big old purse, and being able to carry a water bottle, notebook, extra pair of pants, etc. So, here is what is in my purse now:

1. My debit cards: Two, one for my personal accounts and one for our shared.

2. My credit cards: One is a real credit card, and one is a global payment card.

3. My driver's license and registration: The police don't have to allow you 24 hours to produce them anymore, so you have to have both with you at all times - and don't forget to give over your registration if someone is borrowing your vehicle!

4. My health card and donor card: 'Cuz you never know when you will need good old free Canadian Health Care... or die.

5. My Scene card: A guilty pleasure - it racks up points toward free movies at the theatre

6. My Costco card: A necessary evil. It is worth it for the bulk chicken breasts alone.

7. My student card: Kind of a cop-out, as I'm not a student anymore. However, it has no expiry date and shows that the picture was only taken 2 years ago, so some places still accept it for a discount... Does anyone else do this??


8. Store loyalty cards: I don't think I've ever redeemed anything from one of them, to be honest. The only ones that regularly help me are my pet store ones, as the discount is applied at point-of-sale, but I don't even carry their cards - they just ask for my phone number and look it up in their system.

9. My library card: I don't know what I would do without it. I always have at least two audiobooks checked out, and while I haven't been checking out many 'real' books lately, the audio books alone mean a lot to me... they keep me sane while sitting in traffic.

10. A picture of my husband from grade 11: I think this one is pretty self explanatory... :D

(Image credit: The World as I See It)

10 comments:

  1. I've been doing the very little bag thing for a few months...it's still hard. I think you might need a bag for all those cards! I keep all my others in a desk drawer and only pull them out when I need them. I've only missed having the costco card at the ready once, so I think it's helping with impulse purchases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea to keep the cards at home, then take them out when needed... Maybe I'd find that I don't actually need most of them at all!

      Delete
  2. I don't carry those store loyalty cards either. Giving my phone number is much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a gajillion store loyalty cards, but I hate to carry them too.

    Anyway, you have motivated me to pare down to a smaller purse. I don't need to carry everything everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. You have pointed out to me the fact that I must be the last living North American who carries cash. (I have cards and my husband uses cards, but I rarely use them.) I feel like a Luddite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that haha... I do carry cash - mostly spare change, but bills once in awhile - but the list was limited to 10 items :)

      Delete
  5. so fun to look inside your purse! I love this Carol workout today. I may have to join it.

    ReplyDelete

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker