Thursday, March 15, 2012

10K Training - Checkin for March 14th, 2012

There was 3 miles scheduled for today. Put quite simply, I didn't do it.

I'm okay with that. It's the first workout I've missed in awhile - I'm not regularly skipping. And I had a valid excuse.

I'm allergic to snow mould - my eyes get all scratchy, I get a runny nose, sinus pain, headache, sore throat... basically if it's associated with a head cold it is also associated with my allergy. It might have helped clear it to run - I don't know. What I do know is that with a pounding headache, sore throat and my nose dripping like an old faucet, I was in no mood to run. So I didn't.

But I will tomorrow. No excuses. I'm even leaving work early so that I can run before hitting the road to head down to the farm for the weekend. 4 miles tomorrow. No matter what my body is doing, I'm going to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Im impressed that you have such a great goal. You are inspiring me even if you take an OFF day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm really glad to hear that - after all, I'm posting the updates for two reasons:

      1) To keep myself accountable
      2) To try to dispel the idea that it happens overnight or is easy in any way ;)

      Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker