Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - February 28th, 2012

Today's 10 on Tuesday is Ten Thoughts on This Year's Oscars. I didn't watch them, but that doesn't mean I can't comment, right?!

Here we go. First the actual awards:

1. The Artist. Where did this movie come from? It is the winner in several award categories, yet as far as I know, it didn't actually make it to theatres. (I've never heard of it!) Oh right. It's the Oscars. Long live the underbudgeted niche movies!

2. There were only two original songs in all of the movies this year? I feel bad for the loser.

3. Apparently I really do have to see Hugo. It's been on my list of 'to-see' movies for awhile, but I've been waiting 'til it hits the free listings. Based on how it did, I'm guessing I may have to actually pay to see it now.

Then the outfits:

4. Jennifer Lopez: Why? The dress might have been okay if she let her hair down... but like that it looks way harsh.

5. Gwyneth Paltrow looks like an angel disguised as a human. :)

6. Dresses to match the carpet and white-as-paper skin seemed to be a trend this year. Apparently looking washed up is no longer considered a bad thing, that is, unless you're washed up.

7. Penelope Cruz can probably pull off any dress she wants, but the one she picked certainly did her no harm.

8. I did not recognize Anna Faris. I can't decide if that is a good thing or not.

9. While it would have been more flattering on someone with a bit more of a waist, I love Giuliana Rancic's dress.

10. The Oscars' website may have named Viola Davis as one of the Best Dressed of 2012, but I just don't see it. It looks like she shoved herself into a dress 2 sizes too small.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker