Monday, February 27, 2012

10K Training - Checkin for Friday, February 24th.

I was really fighting the urge to just skip running on Friday night - to the point that I even texted Lisa and said that I wasn't going. Why? Because:

1) It was the first 4 mile day
2) Gilles' 'Welcome Home' party was Saturday (lots of prep work to do!)
3) I just didn't want to.

In the end, I did go. I went to a different gym than usual though, because it is closer to my work and closer to the errands I had to run afterward. That was the 'plus' with the gym. Unfortunately, the 'negative' was that this gym is a lot hotter.

When I did my actual workout, I had three factors working against me, the way I see it:

1. It is a lot hotter in there... so it feels like you are exerting yourself more than you are.
2. My phone was dead so I couldn't listen to my music (I had no idea how much my music spurrs me on! I'll have to rectify this somehow before the day.)
3. I was running on a treadmill instead of a track ('cuz the track is tiny at that gym), so I could see exactly how fast I was going and exactly how far I still needed to go. At lower distances, this seems to be a good thing for me, but it was not doing me any favors on Friday.

SO... what does this all mean? Well, I did complete the 4 miles, but I couldn't get into the right headspace. I ended up walking most of it out, and finished the 4 miles in 58 minutes. Not great. But, at least I went.

I'll be back tomorrow with the check-in for tonight! For the first time ever, I will be doing the run (3mi today) before exercise class instead of after, so we'll see how that changes things. Zumba tonight though! :D

2 comments:

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker