Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday - November 8th, 2011

Hi again everyone;

Today's Ten on Tuesday post is 10 Thing You Do to Take Care of Yourself When You Have a Cold. 


Luckily, I don't have a cold right now (for once). I'm not sure I can come up with ten things, because I am typically a 'suck it up princess' kind of gal, but we'll see how it goes.

1. Make sure I have lots of Kleenex on hand - nothing sucks more than when you have a runny nose and you are stuck without Kleenex. Usually when this happens you are stuck for hours and it is completely inappropriate to ask someone else for Kleenex as well.

2. Pull out the cough drops - I haven't found anything that works better for a sore throat than Strepsils cough drops. Halls and Fisherman's Friends are both effective as well, but they aren't as strong.

3. Go to bed early - I'm notorious for not getting enough sleep. When I have a cold I do my best to actually get my recommended 8 hours, if not more.

4. Pop the painkillers - If I get a tension or sinus headache from having a cold, I'm not going to hesitate in pulling the bottle of Tylenol from its shelf.

5. Cough Medicine - if I need it. I'd rather choke back the cough medicine than sit up all night.

6. Nyquil - Sometimes if I'm really not feeling well I need a bit of a kick to fall asleep. I'm not sure if Nyquil is intended to be a sleeping aid, but it knocks me right out.

7. Bump up the thermostat - I'm always cold when I have a cold. Funny how that works isn't it? I'll have my thermostat at home a bit higher and my space heater running at work.

8. Wrap up in a blanket - If I'm sick enough, I won't do any cooking or cleaning in the evening. Instead I'll curl up in a blanket with a hot beverage in front of the TV.

9. Work from home - If I'm coughing or sneezing a lot, I don't want to get everyone else sick. Luckily with my job I have the option to work from home and keep all the germs to myself.

10. Call in sick - At a last resort, if I can't function I'll call in sick and just sleep all day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker