Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ten on Tuesday - November 1, 2011

Can I just say that I can't believe it's already November? It seems like yesterday that summer was creeping up on us, shedding the allergens of spring. Now we are bracing ourselves for the first snowfall, which could come any day now. They say that time only goes faster as you get older, and so far that rings true. I only hope it doesn't keep speeding up at this rate, because otherwise I'll blink and then die of old age!

Today's Ten on Tuesday subject is "Ten Great Interview Questions". As this - to me - is a very ambiguous question (job interview? television interview? performance interview?) I decided to go with the one that I am most familiar with. The job interview.

Having been to more than a dozen job interviews already in my life, I can easily tell you that there is a preset group of questions that all interviewers who know what they are doing will ask. There will always be job specific questions of course, but usually they can get the answers to that off of your resume. The interview is to find out what you are like as a person. Here are some of the most telling questions:

1. What would I find if I look through your Facebook photos? (This question asks both if the person is professional, and sees whether they lie when they are under heat. Often the interviewer will have already looked at said photos at this point).

2. Where do you see yourself 5 minutes after this interview? 5 hours? 5 days? 5 months? 5 years?

3. If you could drive any vehicle in the world, what would it be? (This helps get to the core values. Money? Environment? Power?)

4. What did you do to prepare for this interview? (This one threw me the most when I started interviewing. "Um... bought a new outfit?" is not the answer they are looking for, trust me.)

5. Tell me a time there was conflict in your life, and how you solved it.

6. Name three of your most significant accomplishments at your last job.

7. What are some things that you expect you may not like about this job?

8. Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond what was required to get a job done right.

9. How do you establish a working relationship with new coworkers?

10. What is your biggest weakness?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker