Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Monday Treasures - November 7th, 2011

Edit: Oops! I guess this didn't post yesterday. Enjoy your Tuesday-Monday Treasure :)

Guess what you get for treasures today?

Surprise surprise... some pictures from Vancouver. Now, while I'm not going to try to summarize the entire two day trip in ten pictures (yah, we stayed that busy), I will show you some of my favorites.

Goeldi Monkeys at the Vancouver Aquarium


You can't really see it in this picture, but this mama has a baby monkey wrapped around it's neck. It was born only a couple of weeks ago. This news article shows the baby much better than my picture.

Here is another photo of the monkey exhibit. It looks like something out of a movie.


Crocodile at the Vancouver Aquarium


I'd never seen a crocodile in real life. I didn't realize that their eyes were actually so... Googly. I thought that they were on the side of their heads similar to a lizard.

Jellyfish at the Vancouver Aquarium
I love this picture. So vibrant. Of course it wasn't possible not to get a vibrant picture with the painted blue wall and the lights and the contrast with the orange jellyfish, but Shhh... let's pretend it was my photography skills, shall we?

Frogs at Vancouver Aquarium
You would swear by the way that this frog just hung around, floating in the water that it was dead, but it wasn't.... all of the frogs in this exhibit did that. They're very relaxed little guys.

Sea Lions at Vancouver Aquarium
I couldn't believe how LOUD these guys were! You'd swear they were having a screaming competition.

Sea Anemone at Vancouver Aquarium
Amenomenamie? Anenemie? Anemone! :) I've always had a strange fascination with anything that is half plant half animal. Luckily, there aren't many of these in Saskatchewan, or I would never get any work done.

A bridge...
Okay, it's fair game now - you can call me a nerd. I had never been on this kind of bridge before, and I was more fascinated by the bridge than the ocean view around us.

Tree-Walk at the Capilano Suspension Bridge

This was really cool... it was something like the movies, where you walked from hut to hut, all attached to trees. There were mini suspension bridges in between each little landing, and there was a whole long string of them.

Capilano Suspension Bridge


Such a cool experience. The suspension bridge goes from one side of the river to the other, and the whole thing is shaking the entire way with everyone's steps, and it sways so much that you feel like you are walking drunk. Your legs are wobbly for a few steps even after you step off.

Giant Redwoods at the Capilano Suspension Bridge
Gilles decided to see if he could fit into the crack in a redwood....

:)

Granville Island - Public Market
We tried to go see an improv show Saturday night, but they only had single seats left. Instead we got a bit of a preview through Granville Island, and looked in some shop windows.

Dinosaurs Alive! - Science World
There were a bunch of animatronic dinosaurs on exhibit at Science World. While they weren't as exciting as we anticipated, they were still really cool to see.

Happy Movember :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker