Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Treasures - November 28th, 2011

When I was a kid, we would always put up the Christmas decorations the first weekend in December, and then add little bits and pieces throughout the month as we brought them home from school.

Now that I'm away from home, I still like to do the same. While most of my Christmas decorations are already up due to our early Christmas celebration, I do still enjoy making new decorations throughout the festive season. This is what inspired this week's Monday Treasures. Today I will be sharing 10 online tutorials for Christmas crafts with you. Enjoy!

1. Christmas Ball Wreath by Eddie Ross




This Christmas ball wreath is deceptively simple to make - all you need is a hangar, some glue, a ribbon, and several Christmas balls in multiple sizes. I have a feeling I know what my Christmas balls will be recycled into...

2. NOEL by Sand & Sisal



I love this tutorial because not only can you find wooden letters anywhere, they are very low cost. Sand & Sisal does an excellent job of describing and photographing every step of this project as well, so that anyone can reproduce this. This would work for any short word in any colour, for any season.

3. Boxwood Garland by Home by Heidi




While this posting doesn't offer much in the tutorial sense, Homes by Heidi does describe her process until the point where the leaves and lights are twined together... we just have to do what we can for the holly and ribbon. Despite the lack of 'tutorialness', I felt that this garland was simply to beautiful and unique to leave out.

4. Christmas Topiary by Fingerprints on the Fridge




I absolutely love this cute little ornament - it is a must for my 'to do' crafting list. The author provides lots of little tips and ideas, as well as letting us know what she would do differently next time. This is a great tutorial that make this easy to reproduce.

5. Christmas Shadowbox by Blue Eyed Blessings




Blue Eyed Blessings put together a shadowbox that is very cute, and also quick and easy to make. Put this together as a last minute decoration, or even a Christmas gift for a loved one.

6. Christmas Magnets by Jess, on Tip Junkie



These magnets are quick and easy to make - I should know, I've done them before (except with family pictures). 



I love these. According to Creative Momma D they took "forever" to make, but I agree with her in that the results look great. If you have the time and energy to make these, it will be well worth it.

8. Tin Shadowbox Ornament by Scissor Variations


This great little tutorial shows you how to make some decorations from your Christmas tree or to use around your home, that vary from the "normal". 



What a great idea! To use up an old pair of skates, simply make two wreaths or bouquets - one for you and one for a friend! I especially love the little ribbon balancing out the toe.



I'm beginning to think that seasonal decorating begins and ends with seasonal pillows. I love this one from Inspired Honey Bee - it's simple and cute.

3 comments:

  1. I saw traffic coming from your site so I thought I'd pop on over to say hello! Thanks so much for featuring my Noel sign! I appreciate it!~ KIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my pillow!! I just love the ideas you collected here! xoxo Debbie @ Inspired Honey Bee

    ReplyDelete

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker