Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: October 11th, 2011

I'm not sure whether Carole (the person who decides what all the Ten on Tuesday posts will be about) realized whether this weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving or not. Based on her Ten on Tuesday description, I'd guess not. That makes this all the more sweeter, because today's Ten on Tuesday post is Ten Thing I Did This Weekend. I think this will be the easiest Ten on Tuesday I have written so far.

1. Visited relatives: In-laws actually. As I may have mentioned in yesterday's post, this Thanksgiving was the first one that I have spent with Gilles' family. It went very well, and we had a lot of fun.

2. Played with a baby: Our nephew. He is almost 17 months now, and he is running around and getting into all sorts of mischief. We had a lot of fun with him all weekend, and he enjoyed being the centre of attention.

3. Went for a bike ride: Did a lap around the town. It was great to get on a bike again, as I haven't ridden mine at all this summer (poor thing). We have walked around the river a lot, but haven't managed to drag the bikes out this season.

4. Ate pumpkin pie: Lots of it. I think between the six of us we each ate at least one pie (Okay, maybe a little bit less than one pie for me, and a little bit more for Gilles). Did I mention that it was a long weekend though? We had an extra day to do it at least.

5. Ate turkey: A Thanksgiving staple. And it was delicious. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots.... Mmmmm.

6. Washed dishes: Another Thanksgiving staple. Gilles' sister doesn't have a dishwasher, but even if she did we would be washing dishes after the meals - it is part of the camaraderie that is part of everyone getting together.

7. Watched hockey: My Habs vs. the newly recreated Winnipeg Jets. We won of course. ;)

8. Watched football (CFL): The 'Riders continue their losing streak unfortunately.

9. Slept in: That's one thing that I will miss down the line. I love my sleeping in.

10. Drove. A lot.: It is a 4 hour drive from where we drive to where Gilles' sister lives, and we didn't leave until about 8PM last night, meaning that after stopping for bathroom breaks and gas, it was almost 1AM when we arrived back at home.

This was a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! I did not know that it was a holiday for the Canadians as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Donna
    Thanks! It sure it... just has a different meaning behind it :) Instead of celebrating the pilgrims, we celebrate the completion of harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did quite a bit of #10 myself... happy tot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nichole
    Does your tot sleep well in vehicles?

    ReplyDelete

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker