Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Countdown - 20

It is no secret that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays - I love any opportunity to dress up. The fact that last year Gilles and I got engaged on the way to a Halloween party only makes the holiday that much more special.

This year, it took me a very long time to figure out what I wanted to be for Halloween. I can almost hear the Ronald McDonald song in my head...

(Song starts at roughly 0:59)

Finally, I decided on something that may not be... quite appropriate. But it will be so much fun to try to pull off. I'm going to dress up as a dead hooker. Ironically, this will allow me to be a bit more...covered, than most of the costumes that are out there as well.

A new temporary feature that I would like to feature is a Halloween Countdown - every day, I will bring you something different related to Halloween, whether it be tutorials, DIY costume ideas, decorations... whatever. Just something to help us count down the wait until Halloween... only 20 more days!

To start, I'd like to share a really cute DIY Halloween idea I found on Pinterest.



I have actually made a similar wreath to this in the past, and it is really easy. All you need are some colour appropriate fabric scraps, a wire hanger, and any embellishments you need. Take apart the wire hanger, and reshape it so that it is in a rough circle. It doesn't have to be perfect, especially for this Halloween version. Rip up your fabric into strips roughly 1" wide and 7-8" long - all of your pieces should be roughly the same size. Tie each piece in a knot around the wire hanger, and push the pieces as tight as you can together for that "fluffy" look. Add a piece of cloth or ribbon to hang from (or just put the wreath over a hook), add any embellishments, and viola! Instant gratification wreath. From cutting to tying, this project took me approx. 6 hours total last time I made it. I can't wait until I have time to make this in Halloween style now!

2 comments:

  1. I am going as a suburban housewife again.
    I have to straighten my hair, pick up a new outfit from macy's, keep a wine glass nearby and wear dishwashing gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Frizzy Hooker

    Haha too funny... are you sure you haven't done that already?

    ReplyDelete

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker