Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Countdown - 19

Hi again! Thanks for all of the great feedback on the last Halloween post - I can't believe more of you haven't heard of that McDonald's song before though! I swear, it was on a tape that I got in a Happy Meal when I was much younger...

Speaking of things from when I was younger... (okay, now too...) I'd like to look at pumpkin carving today!

Now, Gilles and I have built a tradition of necessity, that we carve pumpkins every second year, because every second year we also have to cut up pumpkins and prepare them to be used as pumpkin pie filling :) Unfortunately (and fortunately, depending on how you look at it), this year is a pumpkin pie filling year, so no carving for us. But I came across this great site that I'd like to share with you - www.extremepumpkins.com. As I'm sure you can guess, they have some great pumpkins and great pumpkin ideas on the site. In fact, there are a lot of free patterns there that you can try out too! (While the whole going through a Paypal checkout is a little bit weird for a free pattern, it does work and doesn't charge you - I tested it!) The pattern sheet also includes lots of types from how to size the pattern correctly, to how to "preserve" your pumpkin so that it lasts a bit longer.

The reason why I brought you to this site isn't for the patterns though - it's because every year they host a competition for the best pumpkins. Here are some of my favorites from this year. Enjoy!

Doctor's Visit Pumpkin(s)

The Brain-Eating Child Pumpkin

Inverted Pumpkin
Flaming Dinosaur
Ghost Rider

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker