Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Countdown - 10, 9, 8, 7.

Wow. I'm sorry, I really am. I thought I had more posts waiting to go out than I did.  I hope no one was sitting around waiting for me :(

Well, hopefully this will make it all worthwhile - a 4-in-1 post - You'll get it all at once.

For Friday, October 21, my costume of choice was my favorite fairy tale creature -  Tarzan. Honestly, I think I had a child's version of a crush on the character, I thought he was just the best. ;) Looking back at it now, I realize that it may not have been the character itself, but the fact that this movie was essentially my introduction to the romance novel. Other movies simply had the characters fall in love at the end, and didn't explore their relationship. Today I love reading Nora Roberts' novels.

I chose three different versions of the Tarzan costume to share with you today. The kids version:


The adult female version (Jane?) - with some terrible photoshopping I might add:


And the adult male version:

He almost looks like he belongs in a romance novel, doesn't he?

Saturday, October 22nd's costume of choice was a vampire, because I spent the day sewing, while watching True Blood on and off. Not that I'd recommend going as a True Blood vampire - unless you have yourself crying blood, I doubt anyone would get it... Again, I'll go with my favorite Kids, womens and mens costume.

Doesn't he look adorable?


A little bit less adorable is the women's costume. In fact, if she did her makeup a little bit more ghoulishly, I think she could actually look scary:


Finally, the men's costume. Since vampire movies have become so popular, there are many shapes and forms this now comes in. There was even a (very sexy) men's vamp underwear set to chose from! After much debate though, I settled for a more traditional look:


On to Sunday, October 23rd! On Sunday we spent the entire day cutting up and pureeing pumpkins, to be used for pie, etc. in the future. At the end of the day, we had 56 cups of pureed pumpkin, ready to be frozen! Thus in keeping with the theme, I decided to use the traditional standby costume, the pumpkin. Luckily this costume has changed in the last few years!

Here is my favorite kid's pumpkin costume. Doesn't she look great?


The women's costume is just as adorable. Definitely not the stuffing around the midriff costume of latter years.


And finally, the men get their say. Admittedly, finding a men's pumpkin costume was... a tad more difficult. You basically had the old fluffy standby, or drunk people at parties with actual pumpkins covering their hopefully-not-naked man bits. So... I went with this one. Cop out?


Finally, today, Monday October 24th's choices. One week 'til Halloween today! As a result, I chose one of my favorite costumes - the witch. I have gone to Halloween as a witch many times - probably because the witch hat was the only intact storebought Halloween item I could ever find... and I didn't want to wear the burlap bag, again. But regardless, looking at witch costumes today still can make me smile no matter what.

First the kids costume, as always, so cute. Kids have all their life to look hideous - might as well make them adorable while you still can!


Next, the men's... ...heh. Maybe I should start featuring some more man-friendly costumes.



And finally... what I would LOVE to dress up as some year. The women's witch costume.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker