Now, I'm not sure whether you are actually interested in what I do every day - while I keep quite busy, my life can be pretty mundane. So, I'm going to shake this up a bit today and give you two lists. The first list is the required 10 things I do every day. The next list, if you make it through, is Ten things I WISH I did every day.
Ten Things I do Every Day
1. Get dressed - Yup, believe it or not folks, I do not lounge around in my pajamas all day, even on days when I am not planning to leave the house. Because going to bed in pajamas you have been wearing all day is yucky. So one check for getting dressed.
2. Brush my teeth (x2) (Yah, that's right) - Equally 'icky' as going to bed in pajamas you have been wearing all day, is not brushing your teeth. I know I don't want to kiss my husband when he hasn't brushed his teeth. So why should he have to do the same? Besides. You know nothing is more appetizing than that fur that grows on your teeth overnight and again during the day, right?
3. Put on my glasses or contacts - Cuz not being able to see sucks. Have you ever tried to judge the distance between yourself and that stop sign that - oh, there's one and a half of? It's not easy. Especially when said one and a half stop sign looks like someone licked their thumb, put it on top, and smeared the picture all over the place. Trust me when I say that 'corrective lenses' make life a lot easier.
4. Spend time on the computer - Whether it be at work (95% of my work day is spent on the computer) or at home, (for various projects - more-so on weekends than week days), I spend at least an hour/day on the computer. It isn't just browsing the web... (Oh, you've seen my pinterest account?) but it most of my time (at home) is spent working on my blog, reading your blogs, catching up on twitter, and the occasional facebook binge.
5. Play with my phone - Who doesn't? I have an iPhone now, and it rarely leaves my side. Whether I'm using it for calling, texting, email, weather, internet, games... well, you get the point. My phone is my friend. :)
6. Eat lunch and supper - Nom nom nom... I love me some food. I am trying to stay away from overly fatty and processed foods, as well as I have stopped drinking pop altogether. In return, my addiction to food is only increasing. It is SO hard to limit portions (and such, calories). Mmmmm food.
7. Something artsy - Whether it's graphic editing at work, knitting, cross-stitching, scrapbooking, sewing, writing, painting ... etc., at home, rare is a day that I go without doing something artsy. It's in my blood. Life just isn't the same without a bit of art, and on the rare days that do go without art, (unless I am at someone else's house and am being kept totally occupied), I don't feel fulfilled.
Hey, you're still here! Okay, great. Now on to the fun stuff.
Ten Things I Wish I Could do Every Day
1. Ride a pegasus - it would be like getting to ride a horse every day, except it would be able to fly. And of course it would be perfectly behaved and always love me and be ever so happy every time it saw me.
3. (Get to and then) maintain the perfect body weight - yeah. I would look like this.
4. Have unlimited hours to sleep and yet still do everything else that I want to do. (Yeah, I think this one explains itself)
5. Visit places all over the world - and be able to speak their languages - Different culture, different cuisine, new experiences, beautiful, exotic places. :)
6. Have the touch of gold - Not in the fairy tale sense, where all he touched turned to gold, but in a practical way, where all that I did would be amazing. People would love all the clothes I wear. None of my clothes would fit oddly, or wear out. Everything I did would be critically acclaimed. My artwork would be famous, my stories would be best sellers, and people would even want to buy copies of my ads. Heh. :)
7. Instantly learn more about everything - I could upload information into my brain with the touch of a button. I would learn about all sorts of interesting things, all without even having to think about them or study. Ask me anything. I would be able to tell you about Mayan artwork, ancient naming rituals, quantum physics...
8. Save the planet from starvation, greed, disease, war, and abandoned cats - Wouldn't that be great? You wouldn't have to watch all of the commercials about the starving kids across the world, because there wouldn't be any more starving kids. Everyone would have full, happy bellies. There would be no more war, because there would be no more greed. Everyone would be the 'good samaritan', doing their best to help out everyone around them. Plus, with all that good samaritan stuff, all the doctors would help cure diseases for free and out of good faith, meaning that eventually all of the disease in the world would be abolished. And most importantly, I would make sure all of the cats in the world had good homes.
9. Make everyone who ever meets me, like me - I could always be myself - no more worrying about proper etiquette, or keeping my comments from getting to religious/political/weird. No matter what, everyone I ever meet would always like me for who I am.
10. The most important of all - and the only one I already have - Being loved unconditionally by my friends and family. No matter what, the most important thing in my life, and what I want more than all of the other items on this list is the unconditional love of my family and friends - and I know that I have this. So you know what? I am rich.