Monday, August 29, 2011

Something "Wicked" This Way Comes...

That is, Wicked itself of course!

Elsie and I were lucky enough to be able to get tickets to the showing of Wicked at TCU Place in Saskatoon on August 17th.

We weren't allowed to take any pictures, but I will include a few pictures from other renditions of the play - our viewing was just as intense and emotive as these.


It was, to say the least, spellbinding. No pun intended. While it was a bit long for my tired out self, the effects were amazing, and the cast did an outstanding job.


That said, I think I may have been a bit jaded. See, for many many years, ever since I saw a documentary about the making of Wicked, I have wanted to see the play. And over the years, I think that I gained unrealistic expectations of the play and what it would be. By the time the play actually came to Saskatoon, it was very... Cirque du Soleil in my mind.


As expected though, the costumes and effects were outstanding, and the acting was outstanding as well. Ironically, it was the storyline that caught me. Huh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker