Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Limit of Sharing

There have been a few things that have been bothering me for the last week or so, things that we ran into while we were in Ontario (which I will post about next). Some of these things are simple(ish) and straightforward to talk about, like the fact that Gilles is currently out in the mountains risking his life every day, and has no way to communicate with me. Yeah, that is bothering me.

Other things... are things that I don't want on the world wide web. Nor are they things that I am okay with the world knowing.

Being an avid blog reader, I see all sorts of extremes in what people will post. Some people post every thought that comes to their mind, as though there are no consequences. Others will post only updates related to projects that they are working on, and not include anything personal.

I want this blog to be somewhere in the middle. I am not ready for the entire world to know my every problem, nor am I okay with that. There has to be some measure of privacy. At the same time, I don't want this blog to be cold and impersonal either, as it is meant to be a channel for my thoughts.

This leads me to a question.

Lately, the internet has become my main channel for thoughts. I facebook, I Twitter, and I blog. At times I will go to friends for support if I have a big decision to make. This thing that is bothering me... I have made my decision. And while I think that I have made the right decision, it still doesn't sit well with me. I am sure that most of you have had to face that type of decision before. Tell me - when you aren't willing for the world to know what is bothering you, and it is something that you can't talk about with your friends, where do you turn? Where do you go to channel your thoughts, so that they don't sit there, festering?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker