Friday, July 22, 2011

Yum!!

One of the things I've mentioned here in the past is that Gilles is a picky eater. No cooked vegetables, limited raw vegetables, no sea food, and a number of other things. I am the complete opposite (Is it edible? I'll eat it!), so it makes meal preperation difficult, especially when one is dieting.

At the time of my wedding I hit a new low, or high, depending on how you look at it. The day of my wedding I was the heaviest I have ever been in my life.

I started out the preperation for the wedding determined that I was going to lose at least 30lbs before the wedding, and in the first 20 days quickly lost the ten pounds. Unfortunately, that's when reality hit. There was so much to do with wedding preperation, that I simply couldn't handle taking control of my weight at the same time. Wedding or weight, something had to give or else I was going to lose my sanity (and then possibly lose both.) So, my weight went.

What I did manage to maintain throughout the wedding planning process was going to the gym, as it was a much needed stress reliever, so at least I didn't have to start from scratch on both fronts. Immediately after the wedding, I began watching what I was eating and calorie counting again, and it's working. Groceries are much more expensive and making meals is much more trying, sure. (No frozen pizzas?!) But I've lost 5 lbs so far, and I am intent on making it work.

As I mentioned above, the biggest challenge with this isn't cooking homecooked meals every night, it's finding something that Gilles likes as well. I have been trying new recipes every day, (ones off the internet that I think that he will like), and then asking him to rate them from 1-10. Most days I get an eight, so I don't put those in my recipe book. Only 9's and 10's will do. But last night I got a resounding 10. Yay!

I tried Ginger Me up Chicken! Low Fat Honey & Ginger Chicken Breasts from Food.com, and boy oh boy. Not only was it tender and juicy, it was also a snap to make. I made the sauce while the chicken was defrosting, and then had the 45 minutes while it cooked to clean the entire kitchen! This is definitely going into a regular rotation. Try the link above! It's worth it. :)


(Photo courtesy of Food.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker