Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Dress

There has been a lot of problems getting my wedding dress.

I got engaged on October 30th, and I went dress shopping with my bridesmaids and mom on November 20th. It was on that date that we found and ordered my dress from the Wedding and Party Boutique. On the date that we ordered it, they said that it would be in on March 26th.

March 26th came and went, with no notification from the store that my dress was in, or otherwise. So on March 28th I marched down there, assuming that I would be able to pick up my dress. 'No,' I was told, 'It will be in on April 10th'.

Thinking about how inconvenient it was, I said okay and left, and phoned my seamstress (who I had made a booking with the same day I ordered my dress) to let her know what was going on. She said it would be fine.

April 10th came, and I went in again, looking for my dress. It wasn't there yet. 'We'll call you,' they said.

Trusting that they would indeed call, I went on with my planning. Soon though it was May 2nd, and I still hadn't heard from them. I went in again (I don't like being put on hold).

'It's stuck in China,' they said, 'We can't promise you when it will be in, but we can't imagine it would be later than May 17th.'

May 17th I phoned... they couldn't find my dress on the list of dresses ordered.

May 18th I went in. 'No, it's not in yet. We'll call you.'

May 26th I went in. 'Not here yet. A box has shipped.' I had to ask if my dress was in it, as they had told me about boxes shipping in the past that in truth, had nothing to do with my dress. My dress was in this one. 'Two weeks,' they said.

June 8 I went in. 'It got to Canada Friday. We expected it to be here today, it should be here tomorrow'.

Finally I got the call on June 9 that my dress was in.

I went in, and it didn't fit. Not even close. There was a 4" gap to close the zipper in the back.

I phoned my seamstress. Thankfully, she was able to make an appointment with me for the 13th (yesterday).

At the appointment she said that she could do it, and that it would take 3 weeks start to finish. I am getting married in 3.5 weeks.

I hope to God she can do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker