Friday, July 16, 2010

Ten on Tuesday - Take 3

Today’s Ten on Tuesday is 10 things to bring camping.

As I was supposed to go camping this weekend (but unfortunately didn’t so I don’t have any delicious photos for you), this list should be quite easy to write up…

1. A tent. If you’re going to stay in a trailer or a cabin, that’s not camping. You might-as-well stay in a hotel and spend your days on the campground and call it camping. T-E-N-T.

2. Sandals. There is nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night, having to go to the bathroom or whatever else, and having to stick your feet in cold, wet shoes. (Okay, there are many worse things but you know what I’m getting at). Make it easy on yourself and wear sandals.

3. A good book. Whether you are relaxing on the beach, or chillin’ by the fire, a good book is your best companion while camping.

4. Hot dog sticks and pie plates. If it can’t be stuck on a stick or fried in a pie plate, I’m not eating it while camping.

5. Bug spray. We live in Saskatchewan. ‘Nuf said.

6. A ‘sexy’ hat. Don’t even pretend you’re going to do your hair while camping. You’ll be lucky if you even get me to brush my hair while camping. Grab, add elastic, add hat, good to go!

7. A bathing suit. Okay, maybe most people can’t do this, but seeing as I used to work 60 hrs/week as a lifeguard/swimming instructor, I’m used to it… People, you’re not going to see me fully dressed very often while camping. My bathing suit, and maybe a pair of shorts/sweats becomes the extent of my wardrobe while camping.

8. Good runners. Remember what I said about sandals? Good. Don’t use these runners in the middle of the night. I’m talking tight, lace up runners that will give you some grip and support. Because baby, I’m not hiking in flip flops.

9. Newspapers. As ‘farm girl’ and ‘outdoorsy’ as I may claim to be, I also have little patience when it comes to fires. When I want a fire, I want it now. I don’t want to sit down and smack rocks together or even start pieces of bark with my matches. I want a bunch of newspaper so I can crunch it up under my wood teepee, and tip a lighter underneath it. Voila. Instant fire.

10. Aloe Vera. Did you notice sunscreen was missing from the list? That’s for a good reason. Sure, I’d pack it. I always do. Problem is, I never remember to put it on until it’s too late. Thus, some good aloe vera to cool down the burn is infinitisimally more important than sunscreen.

Happy camping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker