Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Saskatoon Graffiti

Skateboard Graffiti along Spadina
One of the assignments I was given for my Women’s and Gender Studies class this week was to take a picture of some graffiti, write a sentence or two up about why you like it, and email it to the prof. It was a simple assignment, not worth much — so of course I fell in love with it.

This is the picture that I chose to send in with the assignment. My write-up about it is just about how it could be seen as a political statement – that pedestrians and bikers have designated walking areas, while skateboarders are continuously shoved into skateparks and out of the public’s eye.

So, being me and absolutely falling in love with any “artsy” assignment that I’m given, I called up one of my best friends and asked her if she would come take pictures of graffiti with me. (BTW Elsie – feel free to steal the pics :D )

We took a lot of pictures – and I consider all of them to be good ones, so I thought I’d share them with you instead of just letting them fester in the camera.

"Carrot" traincar in the yard by Erindale

Tar? Water? Some sort of symbolism here?
  

The sheaf of wheat in this picture looks distinctly evil


Cons 125 - Constable 125? Hmm.

Does this remind you of Mario Bros.?

Declaration of Love


Losing face



Keep Going



Environmental Mural - Oddly by a huge power box


No cars...


side view



Roof Top Deck with Stickers

Close-up




You must learn!

Audrey Hepburn

Wine Rage

I don't know what this means but I like it

Whew! Sorry these pictures are so… all over the place, but I can’t seem to make them line up proper at all… WordPress is hard to post pictures in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

November 30th, 2011 - Present

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

2009 - Present My Weight Ticker